Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Once a Rebel, Excerpt #3


Won't be long now!!! Here's another excerpt from 'Rebel'...


“Going somewhere?” the predator purred in a tone that could melt an entire barrel full of butter.


“What?” She couldn’t think around the bulk of throbbing masculinity.


“You wouldn’t be thinking of running out on me now, would you?” His voice was low and heavy laden with lusty promises.


“Running out, on you? Why on earth would you think that?”


Powerful arms crossed over his chest as he leaned against the wall. “Hmm, let me see. Could have something to do with the way you were sneaking into the livery with a bag the size of New York City slung over your shoulder.”


“I was not sneaking into the livery, Mr. Hassett.”


“Oh? My apologies.” He bent toward her briefly. “I’d love to hear why you were crawling beneath the fence.”


He was enjoying this, the beastly man! She could see it in the beguiling twinkle in his eyes, the superior stance, the amusing grin spreading his sinfully handsome face. No one had the right to look that good. Especially someone with such malicious intent. Nostrils flaring, Galen turned her back to him and folded her arms atop the fence, gazing out over the field. “I was just coming to check on Oscar.”


“Oscar?” he scoffed, joining her at the fence.


“My--your horse.”


He erupted in laughter. The masculine pitch made her want to hit him and kiss him at the same time. “Oscar?” More bouts of broken chuckles. “You named my horse Oscar?”


She hoped her face wasn’t as red as it felt. “Well, I had to call him something. What would you have me name him--horse?” That comment only served to heighten his pleasure.


“Please, by all means, don’t let me interrupt your errand. Let’s go and see about Oscar.” Still snickering, he extended his arm in invitation. “But this time, let’s use the gate. Quite a marvelous invention. Far less stressful on the knees and back.” He winked.



Once A Rebel, by Angela Ashton coming January 2008

No comments: