Thursday, October 4, 2007

Preview of Once Jilted

Wow, I've been working hard on this piece and I must say, I'm really, truly excited about it. I'm so in love with the hero I don't want the story to end. Whaaaaa. Okay, so - let's see if I can give you a preview of what to expect;

Blurb:

How many times will an orphan be cast aside before someone offers love?

Shauna Joyce has three weeks to find a husband or face watching a special little girl fall into the hands of loveless parents. An orphan herself, she knows the heartache of growing up without love. Armed with a need greater than her own, she finds a likely candidate in bridge-builder, Kane McKenna.

Kane McKenna has one goal; to finish the bridge he’s erecting so he can earn the capital needed to start a business of his own. A wife and child would drain his finances, so when Shauna Joyce proposes marriage, he balks at the idea. Will her determination be enough to build the bridge of trust needed to make him trade one dream for another?


Overview:

Kane is a burly Irishman with a sexy accent and dimpled smile. He's quite the charmer and flirts outrageously with all the ladies. Something about the man tugs at Shauna's heart and her interest quickly turns to love, but Kane has ghosts to fight, and he's not easily led to the alter. Shauna has faced more rejection than a body has a right too, but she's strong and she knows what she wants. She wants Kane. Together, they learn the true meaning of trust.

I spent about two hours yesterday researching the exact location. Oh, I knew I wanted this story to take place in Indiana because of all the covered bridges, but I wasn't sure exactly where. At first, I had the story happening in Bridgeton, but I've since changed my mind. Why? Because I needed a small town that was near a river and close to a train depot. And -- I found it. I'm so excited. My story will take place in Nyesville, a small town not far from Rockville and very close to the Little Raccoon River. Too cool.

No comments: